5/23/20

Nine Types Of Rest


I am not feeling it today.
Sigh
I am exhausted.

I am also having some hip pain.  I debated a walk but wasn’t sure if it would make me feel better or worse.  When I was sending text messages with Phoenix, she suggested yoga or a nice good stretch.  Thanks to you WW FitOn video workouts, I was able to find a really good 15-minute stretch that not only got me some exercise minutes but also some relief.  Not much, but some.

I am also working extra hours today due to sick call out/coverage.  Oh joy.  Thankfully, I get to come in late for tomorrow’s shift.  Yeeehaaaw.

My exhausted state and taking some extra care for myself made me think of this image I spotted last week.
 

I thought about this after we had sick call outs and coverage needed on Tuesday night too.  I had plans on Tuesday night and I was so sad to hear we needed work coverage just before I was to meet up with my friends.  Thankfully, I called in to talk to the other supervisor and I didn’t have to cancel my plans.

Taking time for yourself, saying no, having a rest day, etc., are all ways we can take care of ourselves when we are feeling run down. 

I am having a really “off” week this week.

No comments: