5/30/20

Talk Kindly To Yourself

There comes a time along your weight loss journey when you start to not hate how you look in a picture.  As you lose (or gain) weight, a photo can tell you a lot.  Of course, there are good angles and bad angles much like a mirror.  There are even times that you don’t recognize yourself in a photo.  

Photos can be so important to a weight loss journey.  If you are afraid to step in front of the camera, don’t be.  You might be pleasantly surprised by what you see.

A FB Memory came up a few days ago.



I remember this day.  I had met a friend at the movies and the Minions display was right inside the door.  After taking the photo, I looked at it and though, hmmm…I don’t look so bad after all.  I have forgotten now if it was taken five years ago or six years ago.  But what I do remember is that I was over my WW goal weight of 175 pounds and struggling mentally.  

There was a time when I continued to climb back up the scale that I was so mean to myself when I would see a photo.  The pride I once had in my appearance at my lowest WW weight was deep inside me.  I needed to turn things around and feel some sort of success inside so I could start to feel that success on the outside.  Eventually, I started to even see that success on the outside again.  I stopped allowing myself to talk negatively about a photo or to myself in the mirror.



I am thankful to be on the WW journey.  It is during the struggles that I learn the most about myself.  Never ever think about giving up.  Always talk nice to yourself.  And please, take good care of your body. 

No comments: