5/21/20

Pizza & Ice Cream

I found myself in a major internal debate last night.

The Hubs suggested pizza.  Sometimes we are good at talking each other out of splurges and sometimes we are good at talking each other into them too.  I was really on the fence last night on to eat pizza or not to eat pizza.  After all, I’ve got a pretty lofty goal ahead of me this week.

I was also still craving ice cream.  Pizza delivery suggests turned into ice cream delivery as well since Crumbl Cookies now delivers ice cream.  That was the plan until I saw how much it would cost with the delivery free.  DOH!  Another internal debate began on pizza delivery and no ice cream or pick up the pizza and ice cream.

I’m guessing you have figured out the way this scenario played out.  I picked up some ice cream at Albertson’s and then I picked up Little Cesar’s pizza.  OMG they have the best cheesy bread!  I was really proud of myself in that while I did splurge, I picked up the no-sugar-added slow churn vanilla and fresh strawberries for my ice cream selection.  Thankfully that was on sale and caught my eye first.  Oh boy did it hit the spot!  

Now, the second bowl of ice cream with peanut butter and chocolate chips turned into mindless eating.  You win some.  You lose some.  Good news is, the craving is now satisfied.  That is a huge plus.

I’m realizing this morning that I don’t have to be so hard on myself and I don’t have to always feel like I need to be perfect.  Our past Girls Weekend memories have been show up on Facebook giving me all the great feels and all the smiles.  I just love my gal pals.  But, what I also love is that over the last four years, I’ve lost 51 pounds.  

And it shows when I look back at these photos.  This was our Walla Walla trip four years ago.  That is me on the right.  I was at my heaviest re-gain weight.



I have so much to be proud of.  I need to not lose sight of that but also stay focused on the goals set ahead and the places I still need to get and want to be in terms of my weight.  It is still okay to have pizza and ice cream once in a while.  

No comments: