10/20/13

10 Week Fitness Challenge: Week Four





Week four was a good week of logging miles. I started my week with four miles and ended it with five miles. Not a bad way to spend a week!

Sunday: 4 miles
I walked to the ATM and also took in the sights of fall. It was a beautiful day for a walk. 4 APs earned.




Monday: 3 miles
At the Y for my usual PT exercises and walking the track. 4 APs earned.




Tuesday: No Activity
I usually take Tuesday off.

Wednesday: 2 miles
I was trying to talk myself INTO exercise at the end of my work day. I was really tired. My friend Dawny encouraged me to go follow through with my workout and I am glad I did. I had some Dutch Bros caffeine and after my hair appointment I headed to the Y to do my PT exercises and walk the track. I made a decision to shorten my miles to two instead of three and I am glad I did. 3 APs earned.




Thursday: 2.8 miles
I walked on the treadmill while I watched some TV. I knew my total miles were over by 0.2 so I walked another 0.8 to round off my total miles. 3 APs earned.




Friday: 5 miles
I had not quite planned to walk five miles with I headed to the Y after work. I was thinking I wanted to get frozen yogurt with fruit topping and as a deal I told myself I had to walk an extra mile. I set out walking four loops in between each of my PT exercise moves to walk a total of four miles. Just as I was finishing my last few laps I bumped into a lady I know from when I took group fitness classes and she started to walk with me. We got to walking and talking and I started counting our laps. We walked an extra mile as we talked! It was great and I learned so much about her. She is also a WW member, which I knew, and has three grandchildren. We had such a great chat. I had not eaten however, so I had to cut our visit short to head home. I had already talked myself OUT of frozen yogurt somewhere along my four miles. I didn't NEED it, even though I WANTED it. 7 APs earned.





Saturday: No Activity
I helped my grandparents move and so I didn't log any actual miles. My niece Hailey and I took a quick trip around the retirement community complex. It was a beautiful day in the sunshine!

Total for week four: 16.8

Total for challenge: 53 of 120 miles walked

I have been trying to stay a little bit ahead of the actual 12 mile/week goal since I have some training this week and we are headed to Reno next weekend. I am just not sure how many miles I can log being out of my normal routine but I will keep at it. I think my new goal might be to just keep on walking and seeing if I can surpass 120 miles in 10 weeks. So far so good!



No comments: