10/3/13

Power Foods Extravaganza

I have dubbed this week “Power Foods Extravaganza.”  I made a commitment with myself to focus more on Power Foods and Good Health Guidelines.  My leader Donna talked in our meeting a few weeks ago how shifting her focus has helped her lose some weight and maintain below goal.

I updated you on what was going on with my back injury and I am fully prepared to pay for most of the month of October.  I am not stressing over the scale.  I gained a good amount between Vegas and being in a pretty bad funk.  This won’t be "I will stop attending my meetings."  It doesn’t matter how long it takes to bring my weight down and right now I just want to focus on healthy eating.

I never have trouble getting in my 30 DPA and most weeks I have been eat ingover my WPPAs.  I don’t always focus on Power Foods and that is something I want to change.  This week has been a mishmash of protein and veggies.  After eating off plan for a few weeks veggies sound good to me!

 
I was a chopping fool in the kitchen earlier this week and prepped veggies for meals for the week. I have eaten many a stir-fry and also added veggies to other meals. I forgot out much a recipe can stretch when you add cut up veggies.


Fresh green beans from my brother/parent’s garden


Zucchini


Cabbage


Celery

Carrots

 
Broccoli
 

I like veggies, sort of!  To make them go down easier I picked up some Mandarin Sauce at the store.  Yes, I am aware my veggies are no longer 0 PPVs but they sure are tasty!


And, we all know veggies alone might fill me up but they won’t keep me satisfied for long.  I picked up a turkey breast, pork chops, lentils, ricotta and polenta.


Now, if only I can get this bloat feeling and excess gas from all these veggies to go away!

It has been a really good clean eating week.  We are having our October Birthday Celebrations in dispatch on Friday.  I am making two different kinds of cake balls and a coworker’s wife is making a pumpkin roll.  I do plan to enjoy some treats but will stay mindful and accountable!

No comments: