10/21/13

Weekly Weigh-In


My weekly weigh-in took place at home this morning instead of my meeting.  I had to start my work week a day early so I was not able to attend my meeting.

 

As you can see it is not very good.  I cried this morning.  This is the first time in a few years I have had a series of continuous gains.  It confuses me.  It upsets me.  It worries me. 

I have absolutely no idea where I go from here or what the hell I am supposed to do.

Normally I would tell a fellow WW member in my situation to “go back to the basics.”  Usually when the scale is climbing there is a reason.  Often it is due to not following the plan: tracking has stopped, meeting attendance has stopped, weighting and measuring foods have stopped, and activity has stopped.

That is not me. 

I have been tracking.  I have been attending my meetings.  I have been exercising again.  I have been weighing and measuring my food.  I have been working my program.

This is why I am at a loss as to what to do.

I had an interesting week.  I know I promised you photos of my food but I am not very good at that so there isn’t much to show.  I also had what I will refer to as “a cell phone incident” at work and so I was fearful of pulling my phone out to take photos of my food at work.

It was suggested by my leader to not actually track PPVs this week but focus on just 100% tracking.  It was an interesting experiment and I learned quite a bit about myself.  Conclusion: I need to track my PPVs.

It wasn’t like a typical “free for all” week or a week when I have not tracked on vacation.  I still packed my food and snacks for work and I still weighed and measured my food.  I actually thought I would be more vigilant but in some cases I was not.  There was some coffee creamer that went unmeasured and also a day where I had ice cream, peanut butter, and mini Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups that didn’t get weighted either.

I also felt a bit of relief on not having to figure up the PPVs of a recipe I made.  Since I wasn’t counting the PPVs I didn’t have to know the PPVs per serving.  It was a spaghetti squash Alfredo with chicken, bacon, and broccoli.

I still focused on Power Foods and had a few salads throughout my week.  I didn’t eat out until Sunday, which was a day sooner then I committed to!  When I did eat out it was also controlled.  Oh wait….I ate out on Tuesday and that was not controlled!  A lot of chips, salsa, and black bean dip was consumed last Tuesday.  I had a major salt craving.

Back to Sunday, I met Kenyon for breakfast at Cracker Barrel and had an item off the new Wholesome Fixin’ menu.  It was egg beaters and turkey bacon and was served with a yogurt parfait with strawberries and some granola (my favorite part).  I don’t like egg beaters and turkey bacon.  It made me feel like I was eating “diet food.”  Later in the day I went to SouperSalad for lunch.  I had my usual salad and one bowl of clam chowder.  I finished off my meal with a knock of ice cream and part of a pumpkin muffin.  So, MUCH different than my past weekend splurges.

Now I just feel like I am rambling.  If you have any suggestions or ideas, please share with me.  I will be counting PPVs this week for sure!  This week will be a tough one as I have birthday events planned (i.e. food and alcohol) and we are headed out of town for a few days as well.

I hate feeling so negative lately.  I am sorry to my handful of readers that have to always listen to my whining.  I stopped by Dutch Bros for a morning dose of caffeine.  This was what my lid said.


 

There is always something to smile about and always a need to stay positive.  I am healthy.  I am active.  I will continue forward.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HI,

I rejoined WW after about 15 years and I'm having such a different experience now as I did not think about maintenance or being LT before. Never crossed my mind...so I'm glad to find your blog. Anyway, I feel your pain with the weight gain and I want to say two things. One, you are 7-8lbs away from your goal weight not the 130lbs you've lost!!!! That is a good thing. It's an ant hill, you can do this.

Secondly, I think you have make an agreement with yourself about how many times you will allow yourself to eat out/have take-out in a week. This was a big culprit for me in the first few months back on WW. No matter how careful you are, you just don't know ALL that went into the meal you eat when you're in a restaurant. Yes, you do have to live and enjoy yourself but you need to monitor too.

I like to decide before I eat out what I'll have or save it for my cheat day. My cheat day is weigh-in day. Whether or not I've gained or lost, I eat out and have a dessert and/or glass of wine too.

Stay the course! I'll be reading regularly now!