10/5/13

"It's Not You...It's Me"


I had to break up with my hair dresser today. I am really sad and it really does feel like an actual break up. I have known Emily a long time.

Grandma A would get her hair done at Razzle Dazzle School of Beauty in Nampa. When one student graduated, she received another one. She would get her perms and her haircuts at a fraction of the cost and I am sure she also impacted the lives of many students in the process. Grandma A was an amazing woman!

My Mom would also get her hair done at Razzle Dazzle, and still does, and she is who first met Emily. Emily had a daughter a year older then my niece so I know they had a lot to talk about. Since I was living in Nampa I started to get my hair cut by Emily. As with all beauty schools it was time for Emily to graduate so I followed her, just a few steps away, to a salon near by. It was expensive to get my hair cut at the new salon but Emily's amazing razor technique was worth the extra cost.

One day, Emily sowed up at my WW meeting. She had decided to join and I think or friendship grew more as we had more to talk about and as we provided each other with encouragement.

Emily moved up in the stylist world and took a job at an Aveda salon in Meridian and so I followed her. I ended up moving closer to her new salon so that shortened my drive time. She also had another baby, a boy. She moved a third time to the salon she currently works at and again I followed her. She now works even closer to our house. After three moves and about eight years you really start to develop a close relationship. She knows my hair type, my personality, and isn't afraid to take risks.

After several years of knowing somebody, lives will change. I have gotten married and Emily has gotten divorced. I met my goal weight and have continued to maintain my weight and Emily decided WW meetings weren't right for her. Emily met an amazing new guy who she is now engaged to and she is going to have another baby!

This is why we had to break up. Emily needs to be home with her growing baby for the remainder of her pregnancy. I wish her all the best and I told her to contact me when she is ready to take on clients again.

In the meantime, I have to find somebody that can cut short hair with the razor and who is also youthful and knows style. I actually know a gal who use to work at Dutch Bros and left to pursue her carrier after she graduated from beauty school. We have very similar personalities and always complimented each others hair. I am going to contact her to see if she can razor cut and I am hoping for the best. This salon is actually walking distance from my house!

I get my hair cut every four weeks and I get my hair cut and colored every eight weeks. You can see how important finding a great stylist is!

Fingers crossed!

No comments: