10/16/13

Change Will Come. How Do You Handle It?


Our meeting topic this week is change.

My leader shared this quote with us from a book a friend had recently given to her.

“It’s not the strongest nor the most intelligent that survive.  It’s the one that is the most adaptable to change.”

Are you adaptable to change?  I don’t think weight loss or maintenance is possible without being adaptable to change.  Change in inevitable.  I had to make small changes when I first joined WW.  Since I mostly ate my meals out I continued to do so but made changes to what I ordered.  I also made changes to how I ordered at restaurants.  I made changes to how much I sat when started moving more and exercising.  I made changes to how I prepared my foods when I started cooking at home.

Even in maintenance I continue to change.  No two weeks are the same.  I get bored with foods easily.  I hate eating vegetables sometimes.  My weight jumps all over the place.

We can’t outrun change.  It is going to happen.  The best we can do is accept it, adapt, and continue moving forward.  Change can be scary and resisting it might seem like the right answer.  However, you will never go anywhere by staying in your comfort zone!

What small change can you do now that has the potential to have a huge outcome down the road?

No comments: