10/15/13

Weekly Weight-In

Well, another week has come and gone and I have gotten even further away from getting back into goal range.
Actual weight was 181.6
I was pretty disappointed to have gained another 0.8 pounds.  I know eating out the day before WI wasn’t the best idea but I really don’t want to live my life not eating out just because of WI.  I also had a little more lax of a weekend then originally planned.

My week started out strong with good meal planning and a focus on Power Foods.  I am actually a really good tracker and I weigh and measure all my food.  I have become quite lax over the weekends though.  I MUST focus on this right away!

Saturday was the start of my loose tracking.  I headed out to my grandparents to help with the yard sale with my packed snacks.  I wasn’t quite sure what the lunch plans were but I knew that I would need some snacks at the very least.  I guess by now I should know that my family never goes hungry so food and snacks were actually plentiful. 

When I started to feel hungry I broke out the snacks I brought, Melba toast with laughing cow cheese, cucumbers, and turkey breast.  I also had cut up some veggies and made some sour cream ranch dip.  I had learned there was going to be a pot of beans and homemade bread coming so I didn’t eat any of the bagels and I steered clear of the desserts.  I love beans!

My biggest challenge with potlucks or picnics is the foods that I don’t keep around the house because I can’t really control them.  It is also what I love best about these types of events.  I find that if I just don’t start snacking on the “little stuff” that I am much better off.

After a while the beans didn’t come so I knew I needed to actually eat something else.  That is when I started snacking on some of the other food items.  A few Cheetos, M&Ms, and apple chips went into my mouth.  A half a cookie and a bite of doughnut as well.  I knew I needed REAL food and finally the pot of beans showed up!  I was starved and needed to get back home so I scarfed two bowls of beans and two slices of homemade bread, one with strawberry jelly.  I let myself get too hungry.

We met a friend for a movie later that night.  You guessed it…movie popcorn!  Even if I think I won’t get it I just love movie popcorn.  After the movie we were standing in the cold visiting.  We decided to move to a warmer spot and Cheesecake Factory was suggested.  I was the one that suggested it!  Cheesecake sounded so good.  I ordered the new smores one and it was so rich I only ate a few bites.  Sugar overload!

Sunday started out with a Power Foods breakfast and some activity.  I also made sure I had eaten a little after my workout and also a little before we went for our massages so I wasn’t starving at dinner.  I was hungry by the time we actually ate.  The Melting Pot is just really spread out time-wise.  It slowed down my eating but it sure made me have to rely on the “you won’t starve” mentality.

I had a nice talk with my favorite WW leader that attends the Monday morning meeting.  She looked at my tracker and was impressed with my tracking.  The clear issue is my weekends.  I have GOT to reel them in and make an effort for 100% tracking.  Obviously this is easier if I don’t have anything planned or if I don’t eat out.  That just isn’t feasible as I enjoy eating out after a week of making meals at home and eating leftovers for lunch.

Donna suggested that this week I just focus on tracking and not really necessarily on PPVs.  I eat really well during my work week and pack my lunch and snacks each day.  I also already weigh and measure everything so that isn't an issue either.  I think I will try that out this week.  I am also going to take photos of my food and share with you either mid-week or at the end of the week...assuming I remember!

I have also started to ramp up my activity and I earned 20 APs last week!!!  That is the most I have earned since my back issues started back in August.

So, as usual….onward we go!

No comments: