10/14/13

SUNday FUNday


I had a fantastic Sunday. I had been looking forward to Sunday all last week and now that is has come and gone, I am not ready to start my work week!

Kenyon and I had plans later in the evening for massages and dinner so I started my day with some activity. I needed to go to the ATM so I decided to log some miles and walk.



It was a beautiful fall day with crisp cool temps. I love taking pictures of all the fall colors.





Where in the world other than Boise can you find a grave digger/creepy dude wearing a Boise State hat? Pretty creative Halloween decorations.



I came across some shoes on a power line. Have you ever wondered how they get up there? Does the person actually make it on the line the first try?




I ended up covering four miles on my loop and earned 4 APs.



After a nap on the couch, after all it was my day off, we got ready and headed to Elements Therapeutic Massage in Bown Crossing. We have a massage membership in which we buy one massage a month at a discount. After we have two massage credits built up, we book two 55-minute massages at the same time. I also had a free hot stone upgrade for my birthday. I love hot stone massages!




I also had a birthday card and a bar of soap waiting for me when I walked into the room.



Once we were relaxed we headed to The Melting Pot to cash in a GroupOn for dinner.  We have been once before and it is expensive.  The GroupOn made it reasonable.


It was dinner for two and the menu was pre-set. We had a choice of one cheese fondue, both had a salad, and then a meat selection cooked to your choosing.

When I made the reservations they asked if we were celebrating anything special. I told her not really but it was my birthday month and that I do actually drag it out all month. I had a birthday card waiting for me at our table as well.



We chose the cheddar for our cheese fondue.

Aged, medium-sharp cheddar and Emmenthaler Swiss cheeses, lager beer, garlic and seasonings.

Everything is very spread out as it takes a little while for the fondue pot to heat up and they want to stretch your experience out. We were so hungry I forgot to snap a photo of the cheese fondue until we were finished! You can see it was delicious! Items for dipping into the cheese included bread, pears, carrots, cauliflower, and tomatoes.




Next up were the salads. We both chose the Melting Pot House Salad.

Crisp romaine and iceberg lettuce, cheddar cheese, fresh tomatoes, crispy croutons and sliced egg with your choice of Peppercorn Ranch Dressing or our sweet and tangy House Dressing

I had the house dressing, which they forgot to put on the side, and Kenyon had ranch, which they did put on the side! I liked the house dressing but as usual there was just way too much. My poor croutons weren't even crisp anymore.



Finally our meat selection came and we were ready to really start the party! Our meat selection was determined for us and it was steak, chicken breast, and a herb crusted chicken breast. Kenyon is allergic to shellfish so we had more chicken in place of the shrimp. We chose the Coq Au Vin cooking style.

Burgundy wine infused with fresh herbs, spices and mushrooms.

The way this works is you put a piece of meat on the fondue fork and put it into the boiling mixture for two minutes to “cook it.” I worried a bit about cross contamination so you really have to pay attention. They give you all the instructions about going from meat plate to the pot to the dinner plate. Thankfully we didn't make ourselves sick! There was also a few veggies on the side which we just threw into the pot and dug them out when we wanted some.






There is a serious of dipping sauces also included. They were all fantastic!



The whole experience takes about two hours. It is quite spread out and with the meat taking two minutes per piece to cook that also spreads things out. I have to say at first it feels like there isn't enough food. As you eat slowly though your body does fill up. Gee, what a concept!

I had a fantastic Sunday with my sexy Husband.  I enjoyed getting all dressed up and going out to dinner.



Oh, and since we had the GroupOn and only ordered coffee to drink, we were quite the big spenders when the bill came. Look at that discount!!!  $74.75 was the promotion.  I didn't pay that much for the GroupOn.

No comments: