10/25/13

Happy 34th Birthday To Me!!!

I ABSOLUTELY love my birthday!  This is the one day that is YOUR day (unless you are a twin or share your birth day with another family member or friend).  You can do whatever you want.  It is YOUR day.  I love my birthday!

I don’t fear aging.  I have really changed my views on getting older since I lost my weight.  I remember teasing Mom and Dad about turning 40 and 50 but now that they are turning 60 I can’t help but think of all the life there is still to live.  I hope when I am 60 that Kenyon and I are traveling the world and seeing everything we want.
I also love to count down to my birthday.  It is a tradition I used to share with Grandma A.  I would always be able to tell her how many days until my birthday.  We used to exchange letters and in reading back over some of them, she reminds me how many days until my birthday.  Now I bug all my Facebook friends by counting down to my birthday.  Hahahaha.
I have a bunch of old photos at home that were passed down to me but I couldn’t find many of me celebrating my birthday. 



I loved to celebrate with my family and our tradition was to go to out for pizza.  I celebrated my 21st birthday at Idaho Pizza Company where Grandpa was excited for me to get my free birthday beer. 

2004
2006
2007
My birthday is close to Halloween so I usually had a Halloween themed cake and a few times a Halloween costume party with my friends.  I love Halloween so it is only fair I get to reap the benefits of both on my special day.
2008
For my 30th birthday, I had a big pizza party and then all my friends and their kids went roller skating at Nampa Roller Drome.  This is a fun tradition I have continued for the last several years.

2009



Also 2009

2010

2011


2012

As year 34 begins I only have excitement for what is to come.  Kenyon and I are going to Hawaii in January and we plan to go to Europe in 2015.  Live is what you make it.  Not every day is sunshine and roses but there is always a silver lining among the rough days.

I have my health.  I have my husband.  I have my family.  When you look at it that way, aging is JUST a number!
A special Happy Birthday to my birthday buddy, Luanne.  She is a WW friend from the message board who shared my birthday with me.  Enjoy your celebration.



No comments: