10/6/13

10 Week Fitness Challenge: Week Two

You can read about Week One here

 It is time for my weekly update on my 10-week fitness challenge to walk 120 miles in 10 weeks.  That breaks down to 12 miles a week.
 

Sunday: 6.8 miles

I walked the Idaho Wine Run 10K.  The course was a little short but I also checked my mileage to/from the start line so I added that in.  It is easier to get in 12 miles a week when you walk a 10K at the start of the week!  10 APs earned as well…all of which were consumed in wine.  Just joking, well maybe not.

Monday: No Activity

I needed a rest day after my 10K.  My left shin was a bit sore.

Tuesday: No Activity

I took another rest day.  It was a tough decision since I knew I needed some APs.  My left knee was now hurting.  I’m falling apart at the seams!

Wednesday: 2.2 miles

I walked on the treadmill at home while watching some TV shows.  I was trying to even out my mileage so I went an extra 0.2 miles.  3 APs earned.

Thursday: No Activity

I didn’t have time to exercise since I had my interview with Heather after work and I was dipping cake balls for our October Birthday celebration at work.  Planned rest day.

Friday: Mowed Lawn

I decided to mow lawn today and get the last of my miles in on Saturday.  2 APs earned.

Saturday: 3.2 miles

I walked one of my usual 3 mile loops around a nearby neighborhood.  I usually only count this as three miles but since this challenge is going on, I am going to count the full 3.2 miles.  I am not sure why I feel the need to have an even number each week.  Every little bit adds up!

Total for Week Two: 12.2

Challenge total: 29.8 of 120 miles walked
I went to the Y yesterday to use the machines for my PT at home exercises and to use a larger ball then the one I have at home.  When I got home I wrote out a plan where if I walk a certain number of miles around the track in between each move and before and after I begin, I can get in a total of three miles.  I will commitment to doing this three times a week, as I am required to do my PT at home.  I will have to find somewhere else to squeeze in another three miles during my week as well.
So far the challenge is going well.  It is a bit exhausting to get in 12 miles a week.  That is a lot more walking then I realized. 

 

No comments: