10/13/14

Friends and Family Weekend

Good Morning and Happy Monday.

I am sorry I left you hanging over the weekend. I was super busy and just didn't have time to sit down and write. I'll get you all caught up!

Friday

Friday night I met up with my friend Jenny Ware for the Dirkes Bentley Concert. Jenny's 9 year old son Trace was attending his first concert. We had so much fun. The opening acts were Craig Pasley and Randy Houser. It was a great concert despite going really late into the evening. Poor Trace was tuckered out!














Saturday

Kenyon and I went to breakfast at LePeep before my busy day started.


I was finally able to make it to one of Hailey's cheerleading games (she cheers for Optimist Football) and it just so happens it was the last one of the season. I am really glad I made it to at least one game. Being the last game of the season they were pretty “over it” and didn't do much cheering. There was also several injured players. Looks like the time is right for the season to come to an end!






We went for pizza after cheerleading and then I took Hailey with me to Shauna's Scentsy party. The highlight of the party was Shauna's Mom's homemade pumpkin roll. It was delicious! Shauna always has a nice spread and cute decorations at her house. I wish I had thought to snap some photos!

I met back up with Mom and Dad to pass Hailey off and Kenyon and I met my sister Jenny and her two friends, Amanda and Loni, at the Idaho Food Festival in downtown Boise.






The festival was very busy and the live music was terrible! However, there were several food vendors and a few drink vendors there. I wasn't really hungry after all I had eaten that afternoon. Kenyon got a Navajo taco on fry bread and we shared some of this mashed tater sundae. It was not as epic as I had thought it would be. I also tried a gelato martini (not that great) and a pumpkin beer.











After we had sat and visited for a few hours the clouds grew dark and a little bit of lightening starting to show up. Out of nowhere this huge windstorm blew in and then hail and rain came down in buckets! It was crazy. We were all huddled under the center of the food tents waiting for the storm to pass. We finally made a run for our car only to find out we had left part of my sunroof open. Doh! There were leaves and water all over my seats. Not a good idea!




Sunday

After a lazy morning at home watching TV, I had two birthday parties to attend on Sunday. My friend Jamie's daughter Audrey turns 7 on November 1st and had her kid birthday party was at Nampa Roller Drome. You all know I'm game for roller skating anytime of the day. Surprisingly not many kids fell down or cried so that was nice. The school Jamie's girls attend often go ice skating and so I think that made for some expert roller skaters. It was a fantastic party.











We had to leave the party early to head to Marsing for a surprise 80th Birthday Party for my Great Aunt MaryAnn. MaryAnn did not want a party and they weren't even sure if she would get out of the car so we all met her outside for the surprise. She was shocked!


The second part of the surprise is that my Great Aunt Florine had flown in from California to be there for the party. We only see Aunt Flo every couple of years so it was such a nice treat for us all.





I brought home some flowers from my Great Aunt Jean's garden and added in the flower Jenny and Trace brought me. Such a beautiful bouquet.


I have such a wonderful family I enjoyed spending time with them. I had to pawn off some overtime so thankfully I was able to attend the party. I will be seeing everybody again at our annual Ihli Christmas Party in December.

No comments: