10/22/14

The Birthday Plan


I have Friday through Monday off work this weekend.  I am SUPER excited.

The Birthday Plan:

When I turned 30 I had my birthday party at the roller skating rink.  My friends were such good sports that I also had my 31st, 33nd, and 33rd birthday at the roller skating rink.  Last year I decided I wanted and adult party and planned a get together downtown for drinks with my closest girlfriends.  The kiddos that missed out on roller skating that year were really bummed.  We ended up putting together a roller skating day for the kids a few weeks after my birthday.  I love to see their smiling faces and we always have so much fun.  It is really neat to see how much improvement their skating skills have gotten from year to year (i.e. lots less crying).

This year I decided to have both an adult party and a skating party.  Hey, you can never have too many parties!

But before all of that, my birthday weekend will officially kick off on Thursday.  Kenyon and I are going to use my free meal birthday card at Tucanos after I get off work.  I love Tucanos so I am super excited for dinner with my main squeeze!

Kenyon actually took Thursday and Friday off work but I had already planned a get together with my girlfriends.  Friday we are meeting downtown for drinks and food.  I picked a place that has 2 for 1 drinks but lets you chose different drinks instead of having to have the same drink twice.  I love this concept and there are so many wonderful drinks to choose from.  They also have a happy hour food menu with decent prices and I’m hopeful for some coconut ice cream!

Saturday is roller skating and then a get together in the park.  I am debating getting some yummy cupcakes from a cupcake shop that is running a GroupOn deal.  I feel like I should serve my guests some snacks as well so I am just not sure how much $$ I should shell out.  Yummy cupcakes sure sound good though don’t they?

Sunday we have booked massages and I have a free hot stone upgrade for my birthday.

Monday is still pretty wide open.  We might be relaxing after all the party fun!  I do plan to attend my WW meeting that morning and I can now officially attend my Tuesday morning meeting as well.  I’ll be doing a double dose of WW so I can still attend with my friend Jamie and also see my peeps and leader on Tuesday.

You know you are a re-focused WWer when you WI after your birthday weekend.


Come on Thursday….let’s get this party started!!!!

No comments: