10/24/14

What I Ate Yesterday (Thursday)


Happy Friday!  I hope you have as much fun planned for your weekend as I do.  Let’s get the party started.

Here is recap of yesterday’s food.  I had pre-planned my free birthday meal at Tucano’s and made reservations for 7pm.  Long gone are the days of trying to eat like mice and save up all my DPA for my dinner.  I’d starve to death!  I had 30 WPPA still left and knew I would be tapping into that.

Breakfast

My day started with my usual eggs, potatoes, pepper, and chicken breakfast sausage.  Today I cut up a red potato instead of using the frozen potatoes.  It was just as tasty as it always is.

Lunch

I had leftover beans from a crockpot of beans I made on Tuesday.   This is a bean recipe from the Owyhee County Cookbook and one of my favorites.  I went a bit lighter on the brown sugar and thought it could have used some BBQ sauce too.  I also added in turkey summer sausage instead of the ground beef/bacon the recipe calls for.  I love beans!

Snack

I planned two snacks today since I was working a 12-hour shift.  My first meal was at 5am and dinner was planned at 7pm.  I mixed 4oz non-fat Greek yogurt with 9g peanut butter and a little dollop of honey mixed in.  I cut up an apple for dipping.  My second snack was another apple with a WW string cheese.

Dinner

Tucanos is my very favorite place to eat!  It is super expensive (but I’ve heard cheap compared to other Brazilian Grille options in larger cities) and totally worth the extra money.  However, once a year I get a birthday card in the mail for a free meal.  Yahooooo! 

If you have never been to a restaurant like this it is quite the experience.  You can read about my previous experience here. (And seeing the frozen yogurt with Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup in that photo just perked up my tastebuds).

Counting PPVs can be tough as there really isn’t any NI and sometimes the food that comes out on the rotation is prepared larger or smaller.  I have been enough times that I know what I want and I only eat what interests me.  My system is to count 1 PPV per piece of meat, 1 PPV per serving of roasted pineapple, 1 PPV per serving of roasted veggies, 2 PPV per serving of sausage, and 2 PPV per serving of the fried white fish.  I am not temped by the hot items on the salad bar so I usually fix a 0 PPV salad with ranch on the side.  Sometimes I will get beans and olives on my salad.  I love their cheesy bread balls and I count those as 1 PPV per bread ball.


It isn’t an exact science but if I keep track of how much I consume it works enough for me to have accountability but still enjoy my dinner.  Usually I leave eating quite a bit of PPVs.  I don’t believe in “getting your money’s worth” or stuffing myself like a turkey on Thanksgiving.  I enjoy the food and I don’t restrict myself.  The overall experience is always enjoyable.

I had not planned on getting dessert and we usually don't. Kenyon mentioned getting the mango cake with mango ice cream, which we have tried before.  




Sometimes you need a Plan B.

No comments: