10/19/14

Successful Saturday

Good Morning. Well, really Good Afternoon!

It is getting late today. Sorry I am late to check in with you all. I have just gotten home from eating a delicious breakfast with my friend Chrisitne, her husband Bland, and their adorable son Evan. We met at The Orchard House near Marsing. We shared a homemade cinnamon roll and I picked chorizo for my breakfast meat. Nothing better!

I just posted on my WW Buddies FB page that if I don't show a loss tomorrow morning when I step on the scale that I will be a bit bummed. I had a really great week. I stuck to my goal of 100% tracking and I have not gone over my points. I didn't eat super clean and I didn't exercise like a crazy woman. Instead I just focused on portion control and using the tips/tricks for eating out that helped me lose 130 pounds and maintain most of that for almost six years now. Back to basics, sort of!

I also posted this week on our FB page for accountability each evening. I have so much I am proud of this week but I am really proud of yesterdays food choices. I have really been feeling the sweet-void this week. I didn't set out to eliminate sweets but in managing my PPVs I just haven't had much in the way of sweets. I had plans to go to a meet-and-greet for a new set of twins that my coworker and his wife welcomed into the world a few weeks ago. I was secretly hoping there might be something like cake balls at the party. I was in luck! I had one cake ball/Oreo truffle and it tasted really good. It helped to satisfy some of the craving.

I met Rebecca to see “Gone Girl” and since I had just eating nor did I have the PPVs to spend, I didn't have any movie popcorn. That is tough because it smelled really good. But, I wasn't hungry and I just didn't have the PPVs to spend. I thought I might pop some popcorn when I got home if the craving was still there.

We went to The Cheesecake Factory after the movie for a visit. At first I suggested sharing a slice of cheesecake even though I really didn't have many WPPAs left. I also knew I was hungry. We discussed it and decided we didn't need the sugar. Rebecca is trying really hard to control her sugar so I was happy with this decision. I really like the Asian chicken lettuce wrap tacos so I ordered those for 5 PPVs and had some coffee with cream for 1 PPV. I had 7 WPPA left for the week so that was the perfect amount! I am proud that we resisted the sugar craving and while we could have HAD the cheesecake we decided we didn't WANT the cheesecake. If I had the WPPA my decision might have been different. Plus, that isn't the only time I will have the opportunity to go out for cheesecake.

Since I didn't indulge in cheesecake last night I was still thinking I would have part of a cinnamon roll for breakfast this morning, which was part of my pre-plan after looking at the menu earlier in the week. I was happy my dining companions wanted to share a cinnamon roll and our waitress brought each of us a side of the butter frosting. That way I could have a little bit with each bite of cinnamon roll. It was the perfect compromise and worth the few extra PPVs I spent this morning.

I had a really great week. I hope I will see my results reflected on the scale but we all know that sometimes that doesn't happen. I am rolling into my birthday week/weekend (yes...I love my birthday THAT much) so I will get a plan in place and commit to 100% tracking again this week!

I MUST stay focused.

1 comment:

Dawny said...

you are SOOO awesome my friend, and I am SOOO totally Proud of you! I know it's not easy, but im happy your following your 'want' power and I KNOW you know HOW to do it.. YAY...

Super HIGH five's and bravo's to you