10/30/14

The Absence Of Activity

You may have noticed that I have not been posting much about activity since the Thrive Idaho Mt. Everest Challenge finished up in October.

Activity and I have taken a little bit of a break.

It wasn’t a planned break per se.  I would often look out the window at the sunshine thinking “it is a beautiful day for a walk” but yet I had no desire to take a walk.  I had no desire to carve out time to go to the gym.  I wasn’t feeling motivated. 

On top of that my last few weeks of my day-shift rotation were pretty busy.  I was doing something each night and not getting home until 9pm.  Normally I would have set my alarm for 3am and walked on the treadmill before work.  I realized how tired I am in the evenings after waking up at 3am and with no opportunity to get to bed early I would be even more tired.  So I didn’t exercise.

Over the last year my attempts to buckle down and lose weight to get back to my goal weight would mean increasing the activity and eating super clean.  Then I wouldn’t see the results I expected and I’d get discouraged.  When I re-committed to 100% tracking two weeks ago I decided I would let the guilt of not exercising fall away and focus right now on getting my food under control.

I do hope the exercise bug returns.

Tuesday after my WW meeting the sun was shining despite temps being brisk and a slight wind.  I decided to go for a walk.  It was a heart pumping pace or a long distance.  It was just walking in the sunshine…




…taking in the fall colors…




…and hearing the leaves crunch under my shoes.



I enjoyed the 30-45 minutes I was out walking.  Maybe I’ll do it again soon.



Oh, on a side note, construction is almost complete.  I even have my own crosswalk right by my street and I have sidewalks!

1 comment:

S. Galloway said...

I love being outside right now!! Its so nice out and the colors have been amazing!