10/8/14

Road Trippin' - Finally Home

The drive to New Mexico is very, very, very long. It is so long it required three “very” in that last sentence. We usually split our drive up into two days doing one long day of driving and one short day. I have made this drive a handful of times and it never gets easier. I am just not a really fun road trip person after about seven or eight hours of being in the car.

We had made the decision to spend time with Kenyon's parents on Sunday morning and then rolling part way out of New Mexico towards home. It ended up our trip home was split into two shorter days of driving and one longer day. Our first leg took us to Farmington, NM. We stayed a Best Western Plus which was really nice.







Our second leg took us through a small part of Colorado and stopped at Brigham City, UT. That hotel was a Days Inn, also really nice. A hotel is a good hotel in my opinion if the bed is comfy and the shower head is nice.






The final leg of our drive brought us back to Idaho. Home Sweet Home.


I do enjoy parts of the drive between Idaho and New Mexico. It is very pretty in Utah and driving through Moab is picturesque.









The leg between Prove and Price is also very scenic. One side you have beautiful rocks and cliffs and the other side you have water and train tracks. I love seeing the trains disappear through the mountain tunnels. I especially love the huge windmills that sit along side the roadway. I always want to pull over and get out to take photos but there isn't a really good place to stop. (Please ignore the bugs on the windshield).



We don't make the drive each year and if we can get a good deal on a flight that is usual our, well really my, preference. There are times it is nice to take in the sights and I am forever grateful for the beautiful countryside in which I live.

No comments: