2/5/15

Activity Explosion

Oh my gosh. Yesterday was a major activity packed day that my legs and feet are quite sore today.

I met Jamie at the mall yesterday morning for our weekly walk. We did six or seven laps, I lost count. I think after the sixth lap we decided we both needed to slow our speed and then we were somewhere in the midst of maybe a seventh lap when she wanted to swing into one of the stores. According to my HRM I earned 7 APs for our walk. Yeah.

Even though we tell ourselves each week not to eat out after our walk, we again ate out. Jamie had a coupon for Original Pancake House so we figured that was a good use of our earned APs. The coupon was only good for breakfast before 8am. Darn it! We ended up splitting a meal where I had the eggs and bacon and Jamie had the pancakes. So it was still a good deal.

My Dad's hospital room is was on the 5th floor so I knew I would be walking some stairs for extra activity. My nieces were also visiting and they like to walk the stairs with me for entertainment. I walked up to the 5th floor. Then all three of us walked down to my car, taking the stairs down the five floors. We then walked all the way to the 10th floor before returning to the 5th floor. Later the girls wanted to walk stairs again but I was spent. They ran ahead of me but I still got in a few more flights of stairs.



Today I am really feeling it. It took all the effort I had to walk around Costco running errands. I am busy cleaning house for a party I'm hosting on Saturday. I soaked in the hot tub this afternoon and am about to head out for more errands. I still have half a house to clean as well.


Despite feeling really out of shape it is nice to know that I can still climb 10 flights of stairs.

No comments: