2/19/15

Chocolate Cake

My morning has consisted of visiting a new endocrinologist and getting blood drawn.



Then I headed to Axiom for a workout. I did a full five minutes on the stair master all at one time climbing 15 floors. It was a good workout and in 45 minutes I earned 4 APs. I picked up a 32 oz decaf Americano on my way home and I have some serious TV watching and relaxing on the couch to get to.



Day Two of Healthy Eating went well. While it wasn't the picture perfect day of healthy foods, it was all 100% tracked and I felt success. That includes chocolate cake!

I started my day with oatmeal and then met Jamie for a walk. We had a good walk and talk for over an hour and earned 4 APs.



I snacked on some strawberries on my way home from Costco. I admit, I eat unwashed fruit.



Lunch was back at home but there was an offer to go out to lunch with Kenyon. I was in the middle of fixing my lunch when Kenyon dangled an offer to meet up in front of me. Since I knew I would be better prepared if we postponed until today I went ahead and ate my prepared lunch at home. I had a chicken patty that was filled with cheese and spinach in a lettuce wrap. I roasted some sweet potatoes and butternut squash in coconut oil. This is my newest obsession as the coconut oil draws out the sweetness of the potato and squash.



I curbed my after lunch sweets craving with some flavored water. A little while later, after my nap, I made a smoothie with almond milk, Greek yogurt, and frozen fruit. It was pretty good but not super sweet.




Dinner was at the MS talk, which was at a hotel. The food service isn't usually great at a hotel vs a restaurant. We were served a salad and a chicken dish with roasted potatoes and sautéed veggies. There wasn't a dessert service last time we were at that hotel so when the rolls were delivered, fresh and hot, I had one and savored it as my “dessert”. Then they told us we would take a quick break “for the cake service.” Doh! I didn't plan that well. I was all prepared to pass up the cake until I got a look at it.

The photo doesn't do it justice.  The end had chocolate chips and the richest chocolate butter cream frosting


I think my exact works were “Oh dear.” I asked if there was the possibility of a to-go box and the server delivered. I had five small bites of the chocolate cake, which I savored slowly, and then boxed the rest up. It is now in the freezer for another time.



I was over my DPA by 13 and had 4 APs to I used 9 WPPA. It was a successful day and 100% tracked!

Now, if you will excuse me, I have some relaxing to do.


No comments: