2/27/15

Indulgent Weekend


Hello and Happy Friday.

I had a very busy few days off this week and they were also very enjoyable as I had several indulgences and meet-ups with friends.  I am officially out of WPPA, and possibly even over.  Regardless of that fact I had a good time.

Wednesday evening I met up with Jamie and Rebecca for a MS talk in Nampa at Brick 29.  The food at Brick 29 is really good but the room they hold the talk in is rather challenging.  The tables are large, the room is cold, and the food service is family style so it is quite noisy.  We met up early for happy hour and some girl time.
 


The food at Brick 29 depends on the pharmaceutical company that backs the MS talk but it usually serves beef and chicken for the main dish.  There is also usually salad or other vegetable and mashed potatoes.  The mashed potatoes are the highlight of the meal.  The mashed potatoes came out very last and I had filled my plate with extra salad, the green beans, and a piece of chicken.  I took a small amount of potatoes and sadly, they weren’t good this time.  Easy to pass up!  We also had dessert service this time which was some really yummy chocolate and cherry cheesecake.


When we walked into Brick 29 I saw a sign advertising pistachio cheesecake so I might need to make a trip back soon.
 
On Thursday I met Jamie for a mall walk and stopped into Sephora for some brown sparkly eyeliner.  I wasn’t sure if the eyeliner was the color I wanted so the gal working there did my eye make-up.  It looked great and I purchased the eyeliner.  The only problem is that I had not yet showered so I had to wash up without getting my face wet.

I had a busy day on Thursday and met up with several different friends.  I told Kenyon when I got home last night that being popular is exhausting.   I was meeting some coworkers in Nampa to pick out some paper to use on our monthly bulletin board.  DeLisa wanted to have lunch at Cracker Barrel and since it was Turkey Dinner Thursday there was no way I was passing that up!  The turkey dinner at lunch is served with cornbread dressing and one extra side.  Yesterday I decided to get two veggies instead of just one and the dressing.  I love the dressing but I also knew I would be having some high PPV meals out.  It worked out perfectly and I didn’t miss the cornbread dressing.
 
 
After lunch and paper shopping, I met up with Christine at Outback Steakhouse in Nampa for a visit.  I used to work with Christine and I miss seeing her smiling face all the time.  It was wonderful to catch up.





I had cancelled movie plans when I heard that Christine was in town but still wanted to meet up with Janet for a visit as well.  We had dinner plans at Mongolian but the timing was off.  Janet mentioned this place in Eagle that has Bubble Tea and I remembered a spot closer that also served them.  What is Bubble Tea?  It is a mixed drink, sort of like a smoothie, that has an addition of black tapioca pearls in the bottom.  You drink it through a large straw and then chew on the tapioca.  It is very odd but also really good. 
 


The first time I had a Bubble Tea I had the green tea, which wasn’t very sweet.  This time I had the coconut one that had coconut jelly instead of the tapioca in the bottom.  I was just the right amount of sweetness. Since we were already at this place called Happy Teriyaki Janet and I split a meal.  The food was only so-so and I’m not sure if we would do food again.  But there might be another Bubble Tea in my future.

Well, it’s back to work for me today.

No comments: