2/9/15

Sunny Sunday

Morning. I hope your work week is starting off on the right foot.

I had yesterday off work and I have today off as well. Dawny had to cancel her travel plans to Boise a few weeks ago but I kept Sunday and Monday off my time off request. Kenyon has been in Nevada taking a gun class and arrived yesterday evening at the airport. It was a day of delayed flights so the poor guy was stuck at the Vegas airport for an extra hour. Too bad he didn't win big money on the slot machines.

Yesterday was a busy day and I didn't have an opportunity to check in. I woke up to 49 degree temperatures and clear skies so I went out for a walk. It was beautiful as the sun was just starting to rise. I covered three miles in an hour, which is the longest distance I've walked in a while. It felt good to be out and about.


I was going to veg on the couch for the morning until I headed out to my Mom and Dad's house to visit during the afternoon. I really wanted a sweet pork salad from Costa Vida and was looking for somebody to accompany me to use my 2 for 1 coupon. Mom reminded me it was Sunday and CV was closed. Doh! I guess the WW Gods were looking out for me after all. Shortly after I had come to terms with eating my turkey salad at home my friend Mark sent a text about meeting for lunch. Yeah! We met at Qdoba and used a 2 for 1 coupon from the Entertainment book. I had the Choose 2 option with a chicken salad, black beans, and sour cream. Then I had two tacos. I picked pork, which I ate the whole taco, and then chicken, which I put onto my salad and ditched the second tortilla. Then I had some queso dip on the side that I added to my salad and taco. Not quite Costa Vida but it was still good. I'll see if Kenyon wants to go with me to CV on Tuesday for lunch.

From there I swung by Flying M for an iced coffee. I parked a few blocks away and got in a few more steps. I loved the sunshine and unseasonably warm temps.



I headed out to my parents house and had quite the visit. Since Dad had knee surgery early last week he had lots of visitors. A prior coworker and his family came by and brought homemade cinnamon rolls with them. Yum! My uncle came by and so did my grandparents so it was a really fun afternoon. Kenyon's flight was delayed so I picked him up last night and we swing by Cracker Barrel for dinner. I am really liking the pinto beans and ham, which a bowl is 10 PPVs. It is also a cheap dinner!

Not sure what all our days off this week will hold. We have booked massages for this afternoon.  

No comments: