2/23/15

2nd Annual Academy Awards Party


Good Morning.  I hope your work week is starting off swell.  I was off yesterday for my Oscar Party and am back to work today.  I am off o Tuesday but back Wednesday.  Thank goodness for a day off in between.  It was a late night last night.  Award shows go very long.

We had a wonderful time at my 2nd Annual Academy Awards Party.  Unlike last year, I went really casual this year with the food, the dress, and the atmosphere.  It was so nice to throw everything together quickly and clean up was a breeze.  We had tons of fun.
























I love my friends and family!!

I had been thinking of my food plan in the days prior to my party.  That morning I had a healthy breakfast and then Kenyon and I went out to lunch at Marie Calendars, where I had the salad bar and half a cup of potato soup (the other half shared with Kenyon).  I was feeling hungry by party time but once the guests started to arrive I went into party-mode and started serving up drinks and taking photos.  By the time I put my plate together I was feeling good.

I even measured my light margarita that I mixed with my Fresca.  I usually do a mix of Skinnygirl margarita and Fresca or Diet Squirt but I had trouble finding the Skinnygirl margarita.  Instead I picked up the Jose Cuervo Light Margarita.  I worried at first since it had more ingredients than just the three or four in the Skinnygirl margarita but I have to say I think I like it more.  It is a bit sweeter than the Skinnygirl variety.  I’m not sure it is as strong but it was still very yummy.  The nutrition for a 1.5 oz serving is: 0 fat, 3 carbs, 0 fiber, and 0 protein.  I used my WW calculator and figured I could have two glasses, each with 6 oz of light margarita and still only be 3 PPVs.  I ended up using about 4 oz per glass due to the ice and the Fresca.  




Since the bottle is plastic, I’ll be taking the remainder of the bottle with us to Vegas next month!

I limited my sweets but enjoyed a bite of my sister’s shortbread cookie and some of Kevin’s brownie.  The only part of the plan that didn’t go as planned….the Chicago mix popcorn.

Gulp!

Have you tried this stuff yet?  Okay take this as a MAJOR warning…open the bag with caution.  I won’t say that I didn’t know what I was getting myself into by bringing this bag of popcorn into the house.  It is delicious, this I know, and over Christmas I ate a ton of it.  When I bought this bag on Wednesday I made sure it didn’t get open until the party guests arrived.  I didn’t even have any of it until after I had a small plate of food.  My plan was to measure my portion, 4 PPVs for 28 grams, and stick to just one. 

While that didn’t happen the positive is that I also didn’t just mindlessly eat out of the bowl.  Each time I took a small cup full and throughout the course of the evening I ate four cups total.  I made sure the temptation is no longer in the house and send the rest of the bag home with Jamie’s girls.

I have no regrets over my party foods and even though I didn’t stick to the full plan, having some sort of plan in place ahead of time is always better than none.

No comments: