3/4/14

Academy Awards Party

Morning!!

I had lots of fun on Sunday at my Academy Awards Party!!!

Several years ago my Aunt Barb was in town visiting and suggested we throw an Academy Awards Party. It was so many years ago I don't even remember what movies were nominated! We got all dressed up and put on our finest “dollar store” jewelry. This was in my pre-WW days and so my aunt wore my red high school homecoming dress that I still had in my closet. This photo is with my brother Brandon, my Grandma Amos, and me on the right.


Part of the fun of throwing my own Academy Awards Party was to dress up just so I could wear my red high school homecoming dress! Yep, once I lost my weight the dress fit and I just needed an occasion to wear it.


Since Grandma Amos isn't with us anymore this was her representation at my party. Grandma A loved pink roses.




We had a small group but still had lots of fun. And if you have ever been to one of my parties, there is enough food to feed an army! I had quite the spread.

Chicken meatballs

Hummus and pita chips, chips and salsa, green chile dip and chips

Veggies and dip
Meat and cheese tray with crackers


Rolls for the meat and cheese
Fruit

Popcorn and cookies

I laid out the “red carpet” and covered it with some gold stars. I'm pretty sure I'll be finding gold stars amongst my house for weeks to come! I captured the red carpet entrance for my guests. I missed my sister Jenny who came after she got off work.






Thanks to my friends for being such good sports and humoring me with some photos!






I might have to make this an annual event.

1 comment:

Anja said...

What a great idea to celebrate! And how wonderful that you fit in that dress again! Looks awesome (felt like a high school student again?)!

XOX, Anja