3/29/14

Last Week's Eats And Treats

I’ve already shared some of my food from last week since we had our anniversary weekend.  So you’ll see some repeats.
One thing is for sure, I need to do better about getting in my veggies!  I find that when I eat a lot of PPVs, usually a planned party and/or event, I don’t really get in my GHGs.  I don't have any planned events though for a few weeks until we head to Vegas.
So, here is some of last week’s food, or what I remembered to photograph.
I started my week eating leftovers and/or meals at home since I knew we would be eating out over the weekend.  I had left over turkey and ham that I threw over some lettuce for a quick salad.

I made some chicken noodle soup that always ends up being two servings so I had soup for a couple of meals.


After a trip to Rosauers for produce the fruit was calling to me.


These are polenta pizzas.  I found the recipe off Green Lite Bites and I make them all the time.  I prefer to sauté my cut polenta in olive oil at home with some garlic powder and then assemble them at work and bake in the toaster oven.  I top mine with garlic and basil flavored tomato paste and Gouda cheese.  Writing about this makes me want them again this week!


Wednesday last week I met my friend Rebecca for lunch downtown.  I love going downtown and parking and walking was an excuse to get in more steps on my FitBit. 


We had Costa Vida and I had my usual sweet pork salad.  Obviously it was good because I forgot to snap a photo of it until I was done.  Writing about this also makes me want another sweet pork salad this week!


Since I was already downtown I continued my walk in the sunshine to Flying M for some ice coffee to talk to work later.



Look but don’t touch!



Oatmeal with peanut butter and a dollop of coconut oil in the center.







Breakfast at home of half a Heritage scone, egg cups, and fruit.



Lunch at Cracker Barrel.




Yummy coconut cashews.  Many were consumed on Tuesday.


Boca burger on a lettuce wrap with sweet potato fries.


Albertson’s muffins (just the tops) along with eggs topped with cheese, chicken breakfast sausages, and fruit.












When we got home from Ketchum I had a Trader Joe’s pizza burger (just so-so) and some left over salad with ranch.



Then I headed to $4 all-you-can-fill frozen yogurt.


And lastly my dinner on Monday night.  Baked chicken with BBQ sauce, green beans, and cooked carrots.


No comments: