3/6/14

Semi-Boring Food Last Week


My food last week was pretty boring.  I had lots of protein leftovers to eat so that is how I spent most of the first part of my week.  I didn’t remember to snap photos of it all either so sorry about that.

This week I’m on a mission to satisfy my taste buds.  I want food that tastes good this week!

Left over Crockpot shredded chicken with BBQ sauce, green beans, and baked beans.

I was trying to push off a grocery store trip and even with leftovers I needed another meal idea.  I baked up a frozen lasagna that was in the freezer.  I love these Marie Calendar ones because they are two perfect servings.


Oatmeal topped with peanut butter.



AmyLu chicken patty on a lettuce wrap.  Served with veggies and dip on the side.


Lots of fruit was consumed this week!

My usual breakfast with eggs, potatoes, chicken sausage, and a pepper.  Fruit on the side

Leftover lunch meat from my Academy Awards Party food.  Veggies and dip and more fruit.  That was actually part of the fruit from breakfast.


I’m addicted to Trader Joe’s hummus and pita chips.  I’m pretty sure this is how I’ll spend most of my WPPAs this week.


 More leftover lunchmeat this time as a salad.  Topped with pineapple.


See: I’m addicted to Trader Joe’s hummus comment above.  Despite carrots being healthier than pita chips but my taste buds were underwhelmed.



See: Lots of fruit consumed this week comment above.


In the summer when I have fresh strawberries around I like to puree some and add to my oatmeal then top with even more strawberries.  Take two photo is with some peanut butter on top.  Everything is better with peanut butter on top!



Last Tuesday after my WI/meeting I really wanted to eat out at Costa Vida.  They have the BEST sweet pork salad.  I blogged about it here.  Well, after not having it on Tuesday and craving it for days, it was the high light of my Thursday!


Then Friday I went to SouperSalad.  I had already planned to eat out on Friday before eating out on Thursday.  Since it was nice enough to walk to/from SouperSalad, which is four miles round trip, that is what I did.  The waitress already had my soda cup and my water cup on the counter when I got up to pay.  Ummm…I might go there bit too much (and I’ll be there on Friday!)


I always have two bowls of clam chowder. 


Finished off with dessert.


I thought this was the photo of my coffee mug from IHOP.  On Saturday Kenyon emailed me from work saying he was headed off sight for lunch and would I like to join him.  I had just finished lunch so I just met for a visit at the pizza place while he ate.  Then Sunday he wanted pancakes right after I finished making my oatmeal.  So I went along to IHOP and just had coffee.  Two opportunities to eat out and the best decision was to save my PPVs as I wasn’t hungry.


Sizzler on Monday night.  We didn’t feel like cooking.  I love when the steak and salad bar combo is $10.  Sweet!



And they have the best ice cream.  I saw this girl filling her cone.  She had ice cream, caramel and chocolate sauce, Oreo cookie, and a brownie laid across her cone.  Then she topped with more ice cream.  My kind of gal!


On the go on Saturday I had some yogurt and fruit.


Dutch Bros is another place I visit waaaaay too much.  One of the Dutch Bros guys gave me a new nick name.  Kenyon might forbid me from returning.  "It means nothing honey."  And you can tell from the photo that our dining room table is the catch all for everything!




I tried to kick it up a notch by adding some Dutch Freeze to the top of my iced Americano.  Yeah, didn’t work so well.  My goal this week is to cut down on my Dutch Bros visits.  My gift card is running low. 


I met Jamie for coffee and scones at Caffe Capri on Monday.  I had just eaten so I only had a few bites of scone.  I have to say I love these Heritage Scones but they are better fresh from the oven at home!



No comments: