3/16/14

Shamrock Shuffle 10K And Other Saturday Shenanigans

Saturday was another busy day but also a really fun day.

My day started with breakfast so I could fuel myself for my 10K. I had a wrap with two eggs, red pepper, and gouda cheese. I like to put my wrap into the toaster oven so it gets a little crisp. Delicious!


I picked up Danielle and we headed to St. Chapelle for our Shamrock Shuffle 10K.





This was in fact the same course we walked for the Idaho Wine Run 10K. We finished in 1:40 and had a great time. I got a lot of compliments on my shorts.




The sun was shining and it was beautiful all day. I had planned ahead with some food/snacks in the cooler so we could spend a little time at the finish line enjoying the sunshine and our promised free green beer. I was afraid they might run out of beer mugs before we finished but that was not the case. Instead they ran out of green beer before we finished. It was really quite sad.




We sat for a bit and had our picnic anyway. I wanted to make sure that I had packed a good mix of healthy foods as I knew my day was far from being over and I needed all the extra PPVs I could get. I packed some cheese and crackers; some ham and turkey; carrots, celery, and ranch dip mix; pita chips and hummus; and apples. I had a few snacks of peanut butter filled pretzels along the 10K course and one green army man gummy guy (unpictured).





I made a few extra trips to/from the car and so I logged a lot of miles yesterday. I wanted to see how far it was to the car so I didn't stop my Garmin right away. I made the trip to/from the car six times so I did a 10K plus!


Since our finish line festivities were cut short we headed home and Kenyon had emailed me about meeting him on his lunch break. Perfect timing. We went to Mancino's which is a local sandwich and pizza place. They make their sandwiches and then put them in the oven for a bit. It is really good! I had the Italian combo.



As with most sandwiches the bread is the best part but it is also an easy way for me to cut PPVs. I almost always make my sandwich a double decker and I don't eat the remainder of the bread. After walking over six miles this really hit the spot.



I headed home to change and get presentable again before heading to Shauna's house for her spring Scensty party. I wish I had taken photos of all her cute decorations!

From there I headed to Melba for the annual corned beef and cabbage dinner held at the Catholic Church. My parents and grandparents were meeting me but they were running late so I went in by myself and started in on the green beer.




Once they arrived we went through the food line and grabbed a seat.


My favorite part is the green sherbert however this year it wasn't as yummy as usual. I do love the homemade cookie it is served with though.



I had another half of a beer as well.


Then the craving hit BIG TIME for a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup shake from Arctic Circle on my drive home. I always seem to think when I go to Kuna I need Arctic Circle. But in fact, I don't! I took a few minutes to figure you how many PPVs I had spent for the day and was already over by 24 WPPAs. I still had lots of St. Patty's Day fun planned for Sunday so I knew I didn't need a shake nor did I need to be spending the PPVs.

I sent a text to Dawny so I could stay accountable, chomped on some strong peppermint gum, and took a detour around Arctic Circle. I'm really happy with my decision to stick to my guns. I had already enjoyed plenty of extras yesterday.

I ended the day with 20,000 steps on my FitBit and one exhausted Lindsay.



Even more fun to come!

No comments: