3/11/14

Friendship



Friendship, although weird, is awesome.  I have some really great friends.  I also have some really great friends that I’ve never met.  They are WW friends whom I have had the privilege to get to know better through communication on the WW message boards, Facebook, and email.  I’ve got WW friends from all over the US.  Although we have never officially met, we all share a common ground.  We understand, we relate, and we know what to say when others don’t.

I have also had the privilege of getting to know those on our 100+ Maintainers thread really well.  There are all people who have lost over 100 pounds and are maintaining most of or all of their loss.  It has been a really great group and I’ve enjoyed getting to know each of them more one-on-one.

One of those awesome people is Dawny.  Dawny and I talk daily.  We are either sending text message or emails throughout the day.  We talk about all sorts of stuff.  It has been great to develop this new friendship and I am planning at trip to Spokane to meet her in May.

Imagine my surprise when I received a card in the mail last week with the postmark from Spokane.  Dawny had sent me a homemade card with some very nice words inside.  Also inside was a heart shaped necklace that said “friend.”  I only wear silver so nice pick Dawny!



I got compliments the night I wore my new necklace to work.  It is the perfect length and I love it.  It is amazing how much you can really know a person you have not every actually met!


I cherish your friendship Dawny.  Thank you for always making it special and for lifting my spirits when I am down.  You are one of a kind!


No comments: