3/23/14

Low Key Anniversary Weekend Part One

So far we have had a very nice relaxing anniversary weekend.



It has been pretty low key as we might head out of town for a brief overnight stay.

I worked until 2am on Friday morning but I didn't want to waste the day away sleeping. I headed out for quick walk in the sunshine to earn some APs. Even though this is a celebratory weekend I still have a WI on Tuesday that I need to stay focused on. In the past I have been known to go crazy “just because”.

Kenyon got me flowers.



I got him cheese. Isn't the six year wedding anniversary cheese? It is in our house.



On Friday we headed out and about to run some errands and do some shopping. I have been invited to a cocktail party in May where the attire is supposed to be white. I don't own any white dresses and I had just gotten a coupon in the mail for $10 off at JC Penney. I didn't find a dress I really loved but I did score a good deal on my favorite swooped neck shirts. I didn't need anymore but with $10 off, the price was right!

I've been having some serious cravings for carbs, particularly bread, so we had lunch at Carino's. We arrived on the tale end of lunch hours so we shared a lunch entrĂ©e and each got a salad. 



Between the two of us we ate two loafs of bread. Their bread is delicious! And the oil and garlic you dip the bread into is what makes it twice as irresistible.




Four our entree we chose the Chicken Penne Gorgonzola. It was good but not as yummy as their lasagna. Since I had two servings of salad and lots of bread I took the rest of my pasta to go.




Friday evening was really low key and we just hung out at home. Since I had blown through all my DPA with bread and pasta we had fish and broccoli for dinner at home.


Saturday morning I woke up with the biggest urge to go out for breakfast. Since I'm trying not to go crazy I talked myself out of it and made breakfast at home. I figure eating out once a day is good and I had thought we might go out for dinner.

I threw together egg cups made by layering ham, cut pepper, and tiny cheese cubes in a cupcake wrappers and then poured a mix of egg/white/half-and-half on top. They were tasty and did the trick.


I also had half of a scone that was kicking around in the freezer. I love these scones from a local company Heritage Scones. Despite a little freezer burn it still tasted yummy.




I headed outside for a walk in the sunshine.


We rounded up and ran a few errands again. I know, such excitement on our anniversary weekend! We ate lunch at Cracker Barrel. I love their coffee.


I had the cobb salad. It comes with turkey, ham, and bacon. I had already mixed it up when I took this photo so all the meat is on the bottom. 



I also gutted it of the stuff on stop I wasn't going to eat. Well, I did eat the egg but not the cheese, crutons, or tomatoes. I had the peppercorn vinaigrette on the side. I counted this salad as 11 PPVs and it did nothing to hold me over!




We stopped by Trader Joe's so I could get more hummus. I'll have to fill you in on the “hummus thief” in my household on another blog post. I also got some coconut cashews.

The potential bummer of having a TJ's in my area is when somebody talks about the yummy product they got I can now go pick it up. That would be why I now have coconut cashews in my house.


Kenyon wasn't feeling well so it was another evening at home. I made a Boca burger and roasted some sweet potato fries for my dinner. Served with a side of “Frozen.”


No comments: