3/9/14

Sometimes We Need A New Perspective


I was just reading a blog post when I saw this quote:

“Fall down seven times, get up eight.”

It made me think of a commercial I saw on TV last week.  I can’t remember now what the commercial was actually advertising but it made me smile.  It was a boy, by himself, standing at home plate on a baseball field.  He had a bat and a ball in his hand.  He says to out loud,

“I’m the greatest batter in the world.” 

He throws the ball in the air, swings, and misses.

“Strike one.”

He picks up the ball and again says,

“I’m the greatest batter in the world.”

He throws the ball in the air, swings, and again misses.

“Strike two.”

He stops to take a good look at his bat and then spits on his hands and rubs them together.  Finally he picks up the ball and again he says,

“I’m the greatest batter in the world.”

He throws the ball in the air, swings, and misses for a third time.

Looking defeated he takes off his hat and whips his brow.  Then a smile crosses his face.

“I’m the best pitcher in the world.”


It is amazing what we can accomplish when we step back and view the situation with a different perspective.

We talked about this on our 100+ Maintainers thread last week and the importance of being kind to ourselves and loving ourselves.  Looking back at old photos is a great way to gain a new perspective.  It might be easy to put yourself down for carrying some extra weight or gaining some weight back.  Instead of saying hurtful words to yourself look for new perspective at a different angle. 
You might not be the best batter in the world but you might just be the best pitcher.


No comments: