3/10/14

March Madness

March is a busy month. It is sure to fly by!



I have a lot packed into March and honestly I did this to myself. It isn't like I had a bunch of invitations I haven't been able to say no to. I love to party so I have scheduled some get togethers.

March started out with my Academy Awards Party. We had a blast. I had the party at my house so I was able to chose the food I would serve. I tried to have a good mix of healthy options and not-so-healthy options. The party turned out great.








This Saturday I am walking a 10K with my friend Danielle at the Shamrock Shuffle. I am super excited. This event is held at St. Chapelle where we did our Idaho Wine Run 10K in September. I am sure it will be the same race course. We get green beer upon completion and a keepsake mug. Just wait until you see the outfit I have put together! I look awesome.

After the Shamrock Shuffle I hope to swing by a friend's Scenty Party and then change and head to Melba for the annual St. Patty's Day celebration at the Catholic Church. My Mom grew up in Melba and my Grandma lived there for 60 years. Going out to the church for corned beef, cabbage, green beer, and socializing has been a fun tradition I look forward to each year. Thankfully I don't work this year so I can enjoy the festivities.



A few years ago my coworker/friend John and his now-wife Steph got together at Old Chicago for green beer around St. Patty's Day. I have continued the tradition and this year on Sunday my friends and I are going to try out a new wine bar called Bodovino in downtown Boise. I am super excited! We hope to continue the fun at Ha Penny's Irish Pub for some green beer and corned beef and cabbage.

Obviously having so many food and drink events in one week means I will have to really watch the rest of my food intake and really try to balance. However, I also want to have fun! I might even have a gain that week. It is not in the plan though.  If I do it won't be the end of the world (I know you have heard that a time or two from me).



Our sixth wedding anniversary is March 21st. We are already going to Las Vegas in April but we put in for some time off work and will head to Sun Valley for a quick overnight trip. It will be nice to get away and spend some time together since we have been on opposite shifts for a few weeks now.



Finally the month of March will end with the Seventh Annual Ladies Day at Dunck Ranch in Owyhee County. My Ihli family owns some propery at Dunch Ranch and each year we have a Ladies Day where we hike and then have a BBQ cooked by the men who stay behind. I love family and I love fitness! The weather each year can be hit and miss but I hope we have sunshine this year. I am so thankful to have weekends off right now so I can spend time with my extended family. I only wish Kenyon could join me to.







Obviously I have a busy month ahead with lots of fun, AND FOOD, planned. I need to remember that food isn't the only reason for the celebrations and to focus on the company. I also need to stay mindful and listen to my hungar signals. Above all I MUST have FUN!

No comments: