3/2/14

It's A Trader Joe's Saturday!!

Morning!!

For anybody that knows me, is a Facebook friend, a WW friend, or works with me knows that I've been excited for the opening of Boise's own Trader Joe's!!!



I've been in love with Trader Joe's since I first went to one on our trip to New Mexico. I had been reading healthy living blogs for a while and learning about all these fun foods I wanted to try. I fell in love with their Valencia peanut butter and despite the Sunbelt Cooperation salmonella issue, I continued to eat the 12 jars of peanut butter I had brought home from our trip. Yes...12 jars! It is just that good. I am sad it had to be discontinued.

The last few days my coworkers kept asking me, “what is so great about Trader Joe's?” I only had one answer, “because it is AWESOME!” That pretty much sums it up!

Our Trader Joe's opened on Friday but since I had to work I didn't go for the grand opening. Don't worry though, there was still plenty of craziness to be had on Saturday!!!




I picked up my friend Kate and we headed to the parking garage near by. I had wanted to park by Flying M Coffee and grab a coffee on our walk to Trader Joe's but it was pouring rain. So we went for the garage. TJ's was built in a pretty heavy traffic downtown spot but poor parking isn't a reason to stop me from going!


It was CROWDED! And I had heard the lines were long for check out but we were prepared for the wait. We decided to forgo a cart and just use a basket, which was a good idea. It was still really crazy and hard to really take in all the fun stuff. I knew I would be looking for some stuff I needed for my party tomorrow and then I'll just have to make a trip back here soon. Oh yea, I'm already ready to go again!

They were giving away a free bag, despite coming prepared with the reusable TJ's bag I already had from New Mexico. 




Here is my loot! I got some of the TJ humus and pita chips, some coconut oil, romaine lettuce, and carrots.  I also found the shaved brussels sprouts I have been reading about on Tina's blog. They had spicy brown mustard for $0.99!  I also got a bottle of “two buck Chuck” wine for my friend Phoenix. FYI, it isn't $2 in Idaho and instead it is $2.99.



It was a great day!

No comments: