3/17/14

St. Patty's Day Sunday Celebration

Happy St. Patty's Day!!!


My Sunday started with a healthy breakfast (when you read this rest of this post you will see that is true).



I also spent some time in the hot tub soaking my sore muscles. I felt good overall after the 10K and all the steps I logged but soaking and stretching felt really good too.



The future's so bright, I gotta wear shades! This was taken from my iPad Mini that was in a ziplock baggie to protect it from the hot tub spashes. Looks like I have a lens filter on.


Kenyon and I headed to the mall/Cabela's and swung by JalapeƱos for lunch. We have two in the area but one of them doesn't have whole beans in exchange for refried beans and rice. Once they subbed a side salad for me so I asked for that again. I made my fajitas into a salad.




Don't worry, chips and salsa and cheese dip were also consumed. Despite knowing I would have a pointy day later with my planned St. Patty's Day events Mexican just sounded good. So needless to say, I used a lot of PPVs yesterday.




We picked up my friend Kate and headed to Bodovino, a new wine shop in downtown Boise. I wish I had taken more photos of the actual wine shop. They have 144 wines on tap. You load up your card with any desired amount of money and then pay for a 1oz, 3oz, or 5oz pour. I have to say, as neat as it is you can really blow through money quickly. The 1oz pour is tiny it is sad! But it is a great way to try before you by, sort of.







They have a great menu with lots of yummy foods and they also have beer and wine available to purchase by the glass. Sunday just happened to be happy hour all day. The wine and beer was reduced as well as the flat breads. They also had $2 mimosas. Don't mind if I do.


Kenyon ordered the cheese platter and we all shared a bit of each.



From there we continued on foot to Ha Penny's Bridge Pub for some green beer.



Since I had corned beef and cabbage on Saturday I wasn't planning to get it again. However, Christine wanted to share so I shared with her. I only eat corned beef in the month of March so why not. The mustard was HOT. It cleaned the sinuses.



Despite the food being yummy the service was terrible!!! We will not be back. It makes me really mad when businesses don't plan on extra staff for busy days. Our waiter was awful, we were neglected, and he tried to double and triple charge us for stuff. We were NOT happy.

While I might have won the battle against dessert on Saturday by skipping the ice cream shake, I didn't win on Sunday. I am easily persuaded when under the influence of alcohol and ice cream was still on the brain. We stopped at Uswirl on our way home for some frozen yogurt. It was delicious.



This was quite the indulgent weekend. I am afraid of what the scale will say in Tuesday. I could have made many different decisions but I had fun. I won't be celebrating or drinking tonight, that is for sure.


St. Patty's Day 2014 has come to an end and it was epic!






No comments: