2/18/15

Healthy Eating: Day One

Day One of Healthy Eating is in the tracker. My biggest struggle yesterday was craving sweets. I didn't cater to those thoughts as right now I need a break from sweets. I had plenty last week so I won't die if I don't have sweets for a few days.

I started my day with an omelet and grapefruit.



Kenyon and I headed downtown so we had lunch at Pollo Rey. I had the roasted chicken salad and a side of black beans. I didn't eat all the tortilla. It wasn't qutie as yummy as Costa Vida but I do like Pollo Rey. It is the fresh tortilla that I love so much.



Downtown means a stop at Flying M for an Americano.



Dinner as tater tot casserole and green beans. This mean was a bit on the higher point side but I had been planning it earlier in the week but we kept eating out. I figured up the recipe points and took a quarter serving. It was really good.



Dessert was an apple.



The cravings for sweets settled in after lunch. The display case at Flying M was mighty tempting. I am happy to report that no sweets were consumed! The reason 100% tracking works so well for me is that I really evaluate the food and if I want to spend the PPVs on it. Had it been later in the week I might have had part of the Monster Cookie (one of my favorite cookies). Being that I just had my WW meeting and really want to make this a good week, a cookie wasn't going to help me get there.



Later I walked throught he Easter candy isle looking for sweet tarts. This is the only time of year you can get the bunny, chicks, and ducks. I didn't spot any thought and knew I needed to get outta there ASAP! I know today will be a tough day for sugar too, I can already feel it.

It was a good day for activity and the extra walking downtown helped me reach 11,000 steps.



Today I am starting my day with oatmeal and meeting Jamie for a walk and talk. Day Two of Healthy Eating is under way. I am attending a MS talk tonight so I have no idea what dinner will be. I will keep this afternoon in check.






No comments: