2/24/15

Are You A Rock Star?


My WW Buddy Nichole (Hi Nichole) posted on our maintenance thread about the March 17, 2015 Refuse to Regain blog post.  In it Barbara wrote,

 “Maintenance is where it's at, pure and simple. Clinicians, including those who wrote the Lancet paper, will tell you that a weight loss of 5-10% is medically significant. Personally, that bar is too low for me. If you have lost weight and are maintaining a weight of around 15% less than what you originally weighed, you are a superstar. This is true even if you originally lost 20% or more of your heaviest weight. Perfect maintenance is tough and rare. But excellent maintenance is something to be very much celebrated. “


If you subtract my starting weight of 304.8 and my WW weight from two weeks ago, 198.4, that is a loss of 106.4 pounds.  This means I am maintaining 35% of my original weight and clearly, I am a ROCK STAR.  Barbara said so.


We all beat ourselves up over re-gain.  We are human and it is natural.  You all know I have been doing plenty of that over the last year.  Taking a step back to look at the bigger picture can provide new insight.  Thanks Nichole for posting this blog as it was a good read.

Like with any type of re-gain that doesn’t mean I don’t still have to work on this.  I am glad I made this last week a positive one.

No comments: