10/16/16

Celebrating My 37th With Some Day Drinking


I had planned a group get together on Saturday to celebrate October birthdays.  I had been watching the weather all week since the start of our day was to take place at one of the local corn mazes and then end at a pizza parlor in Nampa.  Kenyon and I went to IHOP for breakfast and I ran a few errands for the party.  The day was cold, rainy, and slightly windy.  I kept going back and forth on if I should cancel the corn maze and just have everybody show up earlier for pizza instead.  Finally I made a final decision to skip the corn maze.

I was able to re-route all my friends and family except three and we still had a large group and tons of fun.  I love all of my peeps and I am so happy I have them in my life.

 















Since we started our party at 1pm instead of the planned 4pm time, I did a good amount of Day Drinking yesterday.  But boy was it fun!


 

We started at Messenger Pizza in Nampa where I had a pumpkin beer.  Then we moved to Pre-Funk next door where I had a coffee porter.  My Mom and Dad suggested going to The Crescent Brewery in Nampa so after Dad dropped Grandpa off we all met up there.  While The Crescent is in a bit of a sketchy part of town that I wouldn’t go to at night, I loved owner and the Strawberry Blonde beer I had.  I can’t wait to go back soon as they are going to be serving their Coconut Porter.

 





We said goodbye to my parents and walked to Flying M Coffee in Nampa to let one of my friend Danielle sober up a bit before driving.  I had Kenyon with me and since he doesn’t drink, I have a DD for life!  But, we wanted everybody to be safe.  I was wearing my birthday hat and beads so the barista at Flying M bought my coffee and cookie.  That was really nice.

Our final stop was Slanted Rock Brewery in Meridian where I had a vanilla porter (so very yummy) and part of a lighter beer that had a hint of citrus.  I couldn’t even finish my beer as I had reached my limit and didn’t want to make myself sick.  We laughed and had a great time sharing funny stories among us.  Seriously, I have the best group of friends and family.

And I have a wonderful husband.  Kenyon was such a trooper last night.  It can’t be easy being the only non-drinker of the group.  Kenyon had to work at 6am this morning whereas I didn’t have to work until 10am.  Seriously, I have the best husband!


No comments: