10/14/16

Feeling Low On Energy


I fear I am coming down with a cold.  I have armed myself with Zicam and Sudafed and am making sure I get lots of fluid and rest.  I’d like to say that I was also being mindful of my eating….but sadly I am not.  I don’t know yet if I’ll go to my WI tomorrow.  The part of me that knows I can get out of control fast says I should go, accept the gain, and work at getting back on tract.  The part of me that feels guilty for that gain doesn’t want to face it.

I’m not sure why but over the last few weeks the mindset of going to my meetings has changed from celebratory scale victories to guilt and frustration of having to see another gain.  Obviously my lack of tracking and poor food choices is what is mostly to blame.  I didn’t feel like getting in steps yesterday and as soon as I got home I went to bed for a bit.  I woke up to a dinner of cheese and crackers left over from my open house, grapes, and a few bakery mini cookies.  Then it was back to bed.  I hate feeling tired and achy and low of energy.

I am hopeful the weather will cooperate so I can still meet up with my friends for my pre-birthday celebration tomorrow.  We have plans to visit the corn maze then meet for pizza and beer.  I know with only one day off I will be super exhausted when starting my work week again on Sunday.  However, I really enjoy seeing my friends and this was the one day that most everybody could get together.

So I’ll keep up with my cocktail of cold remedy and rest in between work and party. 

I hope you all have a great weekend.

No comments: