10/7/16

New Step Challange


I’ve had a couple of high point meals over the last few days mostly because of social situations and getting wrapped up in the fun of it all.  This morning when I woke up, all I could think about was a nice big salad so I think I know what I’m having for lunch. 

I joined a challenge through Blue Cross of Idaho to walk a total of 200,000 steps over a four-week period.  The goal is to aim to walk 50,000 steps each week.  So far I am on a good roll this week.  A few days I’ve been desperate for steps that I’ve walked extra while out shopping.  Kenyon needed some steps as well so we walked the entire perimeter of Walmart a few times.  Hey….when you gotta get steps in, you gotta get steps in.  It motivates me to move more but I do worry about not feeling like you have a true rest day.  Hopefully I can over shoot a day or two to then balance out for when I feel I just can’t quite get in 7,000+ steps a day.  I’m going to work really hard to meet my daily goal.

I’ll fill you in more on my WI gain this week and I’m going to share with you the numbers/graphs.  It sure is interesting data.

In the meantime, I’m going to call it quits for today as it has taken me several hours to type this since I am at work.  I am looking forward to our open house tomorrow but I’m feeling a bit stressed as I’m just not as prepared as I had hoped to be.

Happy Friday!

No comments: