10/2/16

Chopped Veggie Salad


There was a time a while ago that I was getting burnt out on hum-drum salads from home with just lettuce and dressing.  I’ll be honest.  I love a good salad bar and it always feels like I can’t made a good salad at home.  I think it comes down to the salad dressing.  Restaurant dressing is always more tasty (fat, sugar, goodness) than what I serve at home (low point and often flavorless or boring).  My WW Leader Donna had mentioned she does a “chopped veggie” salad with any/all veggies she wishes and then she throws in a protein such as beans.  She still puts her salad dressing on it and viola…you have a different type of salad.

 


This week I made up some chopped veggie salads from:

Green bell pepper

Red bell pepper

Carrots

Celery

Cucumber

Canned kidney beans

Trader Joe’s Greek Feta dressing

 

Sometimes Donna will also add her oil to her salad.  I’ve been known to stretch my salad dressing by adding oil.  I haven’t done it in a while though.

If you are tired of the hum-drum salad, try a chopped veggie salad next time.  I will add that having a chopped salad the last two days at work, I am left still feeling a bit hungry shortly after.  The good thing about a chopped veggie salad is that you chew A LOT.  But with little protein and fat, that isn't much hold over.  I think I'd like to add some olives and sunflower seeds to future chopped salad.  Maybe try to shake it up with other types of toppings.  Turkey pepperoni would be yummy too.

No comments: