3/6/17

2 for 1 With Friends


I met Phoenix at Startbucks for their 2 for 1 promotion on their Caramel Macchiato.  It was a nice treat to see visit with my friend before I went in for my work shift on Sunday.



I checked the WW app before I went to gauge how many points this drink would cost me.  One of the things I don’t like about the WW app is that if you search their restaurant selections, I feel they only give you the points on the foods they think are a good points value.  So, none-the-less, a Caramel Macchiato was not in the searchable options (just the restaurant portion, I didn’t actually check the drink name in the food search).  I checked the Starbucks app next and found the nutritional information for the regular Caramel Macchiato but it wouldn’t update the NI when I made changes. 

I decided to make mine “skinny” after seeing that a regular Venti Iced Caramel Macchiato had a whopping 49 grams of sugar in it.  Yikes!  The ingredients are milk, vanilla syrup, espresso, and a caramel drizzle.  I ordered mine with non-fat milk and sugar free vanilla.  I kept the caramel drizzle though as that is the good stuff and I added an extra shot (it came with three shots so this gave it more of a coffee taste).  Having it iced also slows me down on drinking it.  While it did taste sweet, it was still yummy.

I used to drink high fat/sugar/point espresso drinks all the time in my pre-WW days.  I eventually gravitated to an Americano when I gave up milk due to the large amount of sugar in it.  I do enjoy an indulgent espresso drink from time-to-time but overall, my Americano suits me just fine.  Maybe I’ll have another one when the next 2 for 1 special comes along.

No comments: