3/10/17

Movie Marathon Blast-From-The-Past

Hello from my couch.

It is currently just after 1am and I am working my way though a Netflix movie marathon of blast-from-the-past movies that are bringing back great memories of college. I can't think of a better way to spend my days off. The only problem is that I'm not ready to go back to work later tonight.

My movie selection:



Practical Magic – I love magic movies and this is one of my very favorites. Plus, Sandra Bullock is my very favorite actress. I debated watching a couple of her other movies this weekend as I spotted Forces of Nature and Two Weeks Notice in the Netflix options.  I was telling Kenyon how I am still in love with Aiden Quinn and his amazing blue eyes.





The Wedding Planner – I have always loved this one too. Another contender with J-Lo is Maid in Manhattan. I am not a fan of J-Lo's music but I enjoy her as an actress.





How To Lose A Guy In 10 Days – Watching Matthew McConaughey in The Wedding Planner made me think about How To Lose A Guy In 10 Days. It is always a cute movie and I really enjoy Kate Hudson.




Somebody Like You – I'm currently watching Someone Like You. I think back in college I identified with Ashley Judd. In this movie she plays the hopeless romantic that just wants to be loved but seems to pick the wrong guy. I am sucker for those stories of love being right in front of your nose. And hey, any movie that has Hugh Jackman and Greg Kinnear in it has got to be good. The whole Cow Theory cracks me up. That is my favorite party of the movie. “These are people Jane, not cows!” P.S. Ashley Judd's hair is adorable in this movie.



Other contenders I saw while looking at my options were The Price & Me, 10 Things I Hate About You, and While You Were Sleeping (my very favorite movie). The funny thing is I own all of these movies I have discussed. But, since it is on Netflix and I can just jump from one movie to the next vs. finding the DVD and starting it up. So, I'm paying $9.99 a month to watch movies I own.

I joined Netflix in December to watch the second season of Fuller House and then used my 30-day free trial to watch Grace & Frankie (new season starts March 24th). Once I finished those I still had some time in my free trial so I started watching Gilmore Girls. I watched all seven seasons (very long seasons) and then also finished up the Netflix four-part re-boot series on Tuesday. I did a lot of poking around the internet but I never actually knew what exactly was all the hype about the last three words in the final re-boot series. Now I know! Wow...what was quite a cliffhanger. We will see if they continue with the series. I have to say though I didn't like the four part series as well but maybe that was because I'd just finished watching the full seasons and it was still fresh in my mind. My favorite was Fall and I still miss Dean & Rory.



Watching Gilmore Girls also provided me with fond memories of college. I loved college and if I could do it again, I'd go back and I've have even more fun. I sometimes miss college but I really love my life now. I'm so glad I moved into the dorms my first two years as I know that was part of what shaped my love for college. Plus, I worked on campus at various offices and so my life consisted of college life daily. Oh the memories.

No comments: