3/19/17

Chicken Salad Recipe Adapted From 21 Day Fix Recipe


I have a friend I met through Weight Watchers that is now a Beach Body Coach.  She posted a recipe for a very yummy looking chicken salad.  I know that chicken salad can be high in points because it is usually dressed in a mayonnaise-type dressing.  When I saw that this was made with Greek yogurt, I was all on board with trying it out.  However, when I calculated the points of the dressing as per the measurements of the recipe, it was a whopping amount as well.  I know the honey has sugar in it but apparently so does the seasoned rice vinegar I planned to use.  Plus, even thought olive oil is a good fat per WW guidelines, oil is very pointy.

I ended up playing around with the amount of items I put into the dressing until I was satisfied with the points.  I ended up getting three servings of chicken salad for 9 SPV each. 

 




For my chicken salad I cooked some chicken breasts in the crockpot and then shredded them.  Does anybody else feel like cooking chicken this way yields the same consistency as tuna?  I have a time or two.  Anyway, I also felt my recipe could have used more grapes, apple and celery.  After all, this is the “free” foods so you might as well bulk it up.  I used nine ounces of cooked shredded chicken.

For the dressing, my modifications:

½ cup fat free plain Greek yogurt

1.5 T Dijon mustard

1T raw honey

1.5 T seasoned rice vinegar

1/8 cup extra virgin olive oil *I can’t remember but I think this is how much I used



Instead of serving my chicken salad over lettuce, I ate it straight from the container.  It was good and is a nice boost of protein.  After three days of chicken salad though, I was ready for something else.  I liked it but I might need to play around with the dressing amounts a little more. 

No comments: