3/25/17

Fried Rice With A Secret Ingredient


I loved fried rice but not when it is dripping in oil or “really fried”.  There are few restaurants around town that have yummy fried rice but often it is high in points for such a small portion.  Same goes for frozen rice meals.  It is usually a very small portion.  Have you ever added riced cauliflower to your rice dishes?  Or substituted it for your rice all together?  Riced cauliflower is all the rage right now and because it is a 0 SPV veggie, you can have twice the rice portion for a very small amount of points.

 


My WW buddy was sharing her grocery store find in the freezer section and it had my craving fried rice.  I don’t like the taste of straight cauliflower rice and much prefer to add some regular rice.  In adding the cauliflower though, I can get twice the amount for the same points.  I was really excited to see this Green Giant cauliflower medley even had some peas and carrots and a recipe on the back for making fried rice.  I, of course, added to the recipe and sort of just did my own thing.  Adding the brown rice is what really drove the points up and my four servings ended up being 9 SPV each.  However, it was a pretty good size portion for that amount of points.  If you want to lower the points, add less rice or leave the brown rice out all together. 

What I added to my fried rice:

Frozen pea/carrot mix

Ham steak, chopped up into bite sized pizza

Brown rice

Green Giant Cauliflower Medley

Sesame oil

Minced garlic

Egg, scrambled

Teriyaki sauce

Soy sauce

 





Yum!

No comments: