8/27/17

Family


The older I get, the more important family becomes.  I realize that some of my elderly loved ones won’t be around forever.  It makes me really sad to think about it.

My cousin Brittany is getting married in October and we celebrated the bride at her shower on Saturday.  It was so wonderful to see many family members and close friends.  Brittany is married Jake, whom I don’t really know, but comes from a terrific family.  Jake’s Uncle Tony and my parents have been friends for many years.  Tony was in my Mom and Dad’s wedding party along with his ex-wife Ann.  It is always such a small world.  I look forward to seeing everybody again at the wedding in a few weeks.

I was most excited to see my Great Aunt Delores, who is Brittany’s grandmother.  Brittany’s Dad, my Great Uncle Dick, and my Grandma D were sister and brother.  It is weird to use both of their names in the past tense, but sadly, they are both gone.  While Aunt Delores was related to my Great Grandma B through marriage, they both have such spunk.  Aunt Delores had us laughing the whole time and I couldn’t quit smiling.  I also found myself looking at her tearing up knowing that she won’t be with us forever.  I honestly don’t have any idea how old she is but I surely somewhere in her 80s.

The shower was beautiful and had a rustic country vibe to it.  The bride is a chef so the appetizer spread was delicious.  There was mojitos, infused water, and sweet tea.  We dined on china collected from the great grandmother of the bride along with really fun antique looking water glasses. 

Brittany says the weeding will be elegance with a touch of country and I am very excited to see her dress.  I’ll make sure I take loads of photos.

 

No comments: