8/14/17

Weekly WI: A New Charm


Since my home scale and the WW scale don’t sync up, I was doing one pound at home but showed a maintain at my meeting.  I am a bit bummed but hopeful next week I’ll be rewarded with a good size loss.  It is also the week after Aunt Flo visited (yes, I have a real Aunt Flo but this visitor was the biological one) so that could be swaying my results.  I’m not going to get too wrapped up in the numbers since my home scale did show a loss.

This week is the 11th week of our 13 week WW meeting attendance challenge so I earned my new charm.  It is a cute pair of sunglasses.




 

It will make a nice addition to my key ring holding all my other charms.  Boy, I really can’t wait for one day to start collecting goal/lifetime keys again!  I don’t think I shared last week that I don’t usually look at the overall loss (starting weight was 304.8 pounds) since I’m often looking only at my re-gain/re-loss totals.  The leader totaled up my weight last week as 82 pounds lost.  I did some quick match and that is about 48 pounds to go to get back to my goal weight of 175.  I’ve not decided if that is where I want to end up, but for the first time, it felt doable.  It will still take a lot of work, but it is doable.

We shared our celebrate stories in the meeting since the sticker this week is Celebrate.  I didn’t get a chance to share but my celebration last week was my visit to Lane Bryant and my size 16 jean purchase.  Last year, I was in tears in my WW meeting about my ever growing waistline and how uncomfortable I was in my jeans.  The meeting was so therapeutic and the answer was for goodness sakes Lindsay, buy bigger pants!

I went to Lane Bryant and had a very pleasant experience buying some size 20 jeans.  I again had a good experience when I went to the mall last week.  I picked out some size 16 jeans in the T3 type I bought last time.  They fit, but maybe a slight bit snug if I had to sit for a long time in them.  With fall approaching, I decided to get them.  She asked if I wanted to try on a size 18 and I said no.  If the 18s fit comfortably, I’d have been tempted to buy them.  I feel I can get more use out of the size 16s and I’m hoping if I can get another 10 pounds off, they will fit well.  I’m also wearing my old size 16 slacks I had tucked away in my closet.  Again, slightly snug when I’m sitting all day but they button!  There was a time they didn’t button and I also had to buy size 20 work slacks.

Not having a super large loss at the scale doesn’t mean my hard work isn’t paying off.  I’ve got a meal plan laid out and will get myself prepared for the week ahead on my days off.  It will be a very long week with the upcoming solar eclipse (aka the apocalypse) but the good news is we get to wear jeans three days at work.  And, I just happen to have some new smaller jeans to wear.

No comments: