8/28/17

Weekly WI: What Have You Gained?

I had a loss of one pound at my official scale check-in at my meeting today.  I had not been on the WW scale for two weeks so it was nice to see a loss.  I was also glad that the temporary gain last week was temporary because I got myself back on track.  This week I am working on staying focused on NOT going into vacation mode early.  It is so very tempting to not think about food/tracking/points this week but I’ve got to stay on track so I can enjoy not thinking during my upcoming vacation.
I updated my monthly calendar.  For the month of August, I lost 2.4 pounds and my overall total loss since July 2016 is 31 pounds.  As you can see, it is quite a bit slower this go-round than last time.  I try really hard not to be hyper-focused on that and just keep plugging along.  Down is the end result, not a timeline.





 
We talked in our meeting that while we often get compliments on how much we have lost but instead we don’t get asked is how much we have gained.  So, we took time to share what we have gained through our weight loss.  I can agree with so much of what was shared:
Better health (less meds, lower cholesterol, etc)
More active (able to walk a whole mile, walk the dogs, etc)
Social/Friends/Networking/Support (all my awesome WW Buddies around the state along with all the meeting members and leaders)
Skill set (able to use the tools/tips learned when dining out, etc)
Confidence (feeling better in our clothes, feeling proud of how we look, etc)
As you can imagine, the list goes on and on.  I would love for you to share what you have gained through your weight loss.
 

No comments: