9/5/19

OC Oktoberfest Kick-Off Party

I am popping in for a quick hello before I get ready to head to a training at work.  

My family from MO was not able to swing by on their way home so that opened up the evening again for Kenyon and I to go to Old Chicago for the Oktoberfest Mini Tour Kick-Off Party.  Sam Adams was hosting and sadly, the bar was beyond full when we arrived.  I wished we had gotten there earlier but the rep was awesome and included those of us in the restaurant in the fun too.



If you ordered a Sam Adams Oktoberfest you earned a ticket to the drawing.  I had pre-planned 10 oz beers but our waitress brought me a pint since it was on sale for the kick off party.  Good thing I had some extra weekly points kicking around.  We enjoyed two of the food items on the list and I had two beers which has us at 4 of 12 towards completing the challenge.  We are planning a trip back tonight and I am meeting Phoenix and clan on Sunday as well.  I am 100% committed to getting that hoodie.

The rep was looking for people to participate in the stein holding contest where you held a stein of water with our arm straight out to see who could last the longest.  I signed up as well as one of my troopers, who he and his wife were at the table next to us.  I was the first one out.  But, it was still fun.

I am working on my plan for today so I can accommodate beer and food later today and still earn a blue dot.  I wasn’t able to secure my blue dot yesterday but that is okay.  I am also trying to get my mind around a possible gain after all this beer/food this week.  It will be worth it for this awesome hoodie.  I earned an adorable beer koozie as part of the OC World of Beer Tour last night and it just happens to be a cute sweatshirt.






I have completed 23 or 110 beers towards the World Tour.  Yahooo!

No comments: