9/11/19

Weekly WI: Loss Trumps Beer Consumption

Howdy.  Happy Hump Day!

My days off are truckin’ along.  After my WW Workshop, I went to lunch at Cafe Rio.  We had just talked in our workshop about replacing high point carbs with lower point carbs.  So an example was if we love pasta, find ways to reduce the amount of the pasta and increase the lower/zero point foods that go with the dish.  Maybe instead of 90% pasta, 40% pasta and 50% veggies/protein.  They way you still get the yummy pasta taste but are consuming less carbs/points.

So, I put that into practice and ordered a large salad with a small tortilla.  The large tortilla is 12 points but the small tortilla is 5 points.  I still get the delicious tastes with less points.



This time, however, I seemed to have a bit of an issue with them understanding why I was willing to pay for the larger salad when I was getting the small tortilla and small side of tomatillo ranch.  Kenyon said “just explain it’s a WW-er thing and maybe they will give up questioning why you do what you do.”  Fair enough.  Regardless, my salad was delicious and I was starving by the time I arrived.

WI was really great.  I lost 0.4 pounds and showed off my new Oktoberfest hoodie.  I am so glad I didn’t have a gain where I had to start over again with losing that much more.  Whew.  



After my workshop and lunch, I made a return at JcPenney and then went to the park to get in my 30 minute activity with a Aaptiv outdoor walk.  It was a beautiful Fall day for a walk.


I only have two social events on the calendar and they both fall today.  I’m pre-tracking and pre-planning but I may not earn my blue dot.  I’m still a little undecided what I’m ordering tonight at our Paint Nite event.

No comments: