9/6/19

When Pre-Planning Doesn't Go According To Plan


It has an early start to this Monday on a Friday and I was not quite ready to get back at it for this week.  Yet, here we are.
 

I set a goal for myself to get in 30 minutes of exercise before I have beer this week.  Last night, Kenyon and I made some impromptu plans to go back to Old Chicago for the third trip in a row to finish up the Oktoberfest Mini Tour.  I knew I would be pressed for time in getting my activity in today.  Since I woke up early I decided to seize the day and get on the treadmill at 3:30am.

·       30 minutes of activity (check)

·       Beer later (check)

I am slightly nervous about the scale this week since I have not eaten out this much for several weeks.  I am working on mentally prepping myself that even if I gain, I can get it turned back around by using the tools and engage in behaviors (i.e. less beer) that helped me be successful thus far.  I am, of course, hoping for at least a maintain.
 

I have my 0 SPV snack and lunch packed which leaves me with 11 daily points.  I have used more of my weekly points than originally planned since yesterday’s pre-planned efforts didn’t quite go according to plan.  I had an impromptu lunch invite after my training yesterday.  I tried to gear us towards a pizza place with a salad bar but my lunch-mate didn’t really want the pizza temptation.  We decided on Ling & Louies, an Asian restaurant I’d never been to.  I was starving so I was really glad I ordered the edamame even more so when I realized the chicken dish I ordered was fried and not grilled chicken.  DOH!  I was so hungry I just made it work but in turn also blew through my points.

 


I was still possibly going to be on track for earning my blue dot with m pre-tracking at Old Chicago.  I really loved one of the Oktoberfest dishes Kenyon ordered, pot roast with spätzle and mushroom gravy, and one taste turned into several bites.  It would have been cheating to not count it just so I could earn my blue dot.
 

I don’t quite know what we will order this evening since they were out of some of the dishes last night.  But, with 11 points (and another 5 weekly points if I need them) I should be able to earn a blue dot today.  I’m sure going to try!
 
I'm really pleased with how my activity is shaking out for the month and that I've been working on my goals. 

 
Also, I have been avoiding sugar/dessert/treats this week which also helps despite all the extra points I've been using.

No comments: