9/26/19

Oregon To Washington

We headed north for the second part of our adventures.  First on the agenda was a stop at the Rick Steves’ Europe Travel Shop north of Seattle.  

The travel geeks we are needed to see his store and allowed us to look at the various travel bags and suitcases.  I was surprised as to how small the store was but we enjoyed the experience.  I was eavesdropping and believe I overheard that Rick was out of the country.  I had to suffice with a photo of his cardboard cutout instead.




We continued east to the small Bavarian town of Leavenworth, WA.  It was adorable.







Upon the recommendation of my friend Kelsey, we had dinner at Andreas Keller.  It was delicious.  So very delicious that we ate there again the next night.  Oh man it was good.




Besides food, I drank my fare share of German beer including out of the 1 Liter glass.  That is my favorite way to drink German beer.  I didn’t love the beer at Icicle Brewing but I did enjoy the beer and bratwurst at the Leavenworth Beer Garden.  We popped into the Leavenworth Cider House where I enjoyed a flight sampling and Kenyon ordered a bratwurst.






When we weren’t eating or drinking, which is really what the majority of the town consists of, there was a visit to the Nutcracker Museum and a nature walk along the riverfront. 








We also enjoyed treats from the Gingerbread Factory and a horse drawn carriage ride through town.  









Our hotel choice, Leavenworth Village Inn was an excellent choice as it was right next to town which meant we could park our car and walk everywhere.  It was really fun to pop in/out of the shops and visit with the locals.


This was a fun little getaway and I’d love to return as a future Girls Weekend trip.



No comments: